Chiknittery

My knitting blog.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

#001

So basically 4 days ago I started teaching myself to knit. I bought one of those stupid "I Taught Myself to Knit Books" and it made no sense, so knittinghelp.com is basically my book now.

In these 4 days I've learned: the double cast on method, cable cast on method (which is the one I prefer), the knit stitch, and the purl stitch.

I took some pictures the first night of my casting on experience, simply because I was super excited.

I tried to take some pictures of my first knitting patches [even though they look terrible], but my webcam is pooping out on me. So maybe later.

I kept accidently increasing though (I don't even know how to do that), and I was knitting too tightley so it curled, but I've been focusing on getting the right tension and what not so it's a lot better looking now, but I don't have any samples to take pictures of.

In the next few days I inted to learn about binding off, slipping a stitch, and decreasing. It's incredible hard to find time to learn how, but I'm very much in love so far. Honestly, all I think about is knitting anymore =P How pathetic is that?

I'm also teaching my friends as I go along [they gave me money for needles and yarn, so I bought that tonight]. Last year at school there was a knitting club, but they discontinued it this year because there wasn't anybody showing up. Now that I know the joys of knitting and my "posse" is interested I'm going to go talk to the superviser about starting it up again. Apparently, last year they even supplied needles and thread for you, all they'd do is learn the next step and knit all lunch period and socialize. Sounds fun to me =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home